5 Quick Tips on Making Facebook Posts Work for Your Business
So, you created a Facebook Business Page and you aren't paying a Social Media maven ( or neighbor’s kid) to run your page.. Ok, what next?
You have to get people to like your page....How do you do that?
You have to get people to read, like, share, comment on, and interact with your posts...Oh, that's easy...right? Negative Roger...
This is a common thought (or lack thereof). The garbage in, garbage out rule applies here more than ever now. Facebook has deployed a new algorithm on what it shows you from businesses in your newsfeed. Overall visibility of business posts is declining FAST. So, what you put into a post in preparation or thought is what you will get out of it.
When posting to Facebook here are some basic rules to follow to help your interactions soar:
1) Quality Content Rules- You must know your target market. Make sure your posts are something that your followers will enjoy. That will keep them coming back for more info from you. Also, make sure it is positive. Happy posts make people happy and willing to give you the sacred "thumbs up".
2) Use Pictures in your posts- a good picture will help draw more attention to your post, and increase the likelihood that it will be read which in turn increases the chance of it being liked, commented on, or shared.
3) Questions- ask your followers questions. It doesn't have to be about your product. It can be a general question about the time of year, holiday, etc.
4) Linking- Use Facebook to drive business to YOUR website. I mean that is the ultimate purpose, right? If you are retailer and you have a new product, post a picture and a link directly back to that product on your website. Or if you have a cool news event about your company, post a short write up and a link back to that story on your website.
5) Promote/ Share other businesses- A little good will never hurt anyone. Tag a vendor or partner business in a post, and give them an “ataboy” for a good job they have done for you...coughzeekeeinteractivecough... Or, share one of their posts. The return you will get from this will amaze you.
Ok, so here is a quick BONUS tip…
6) Promoted Posts- never be afraid to spend a little $$$$$ to drive traffic to your Facebook page. If you have important news, or products you want to get out to all of your followers then pay Facebook to help you get the word out. That way your message will definitely be seen.
By thoughtfully employing these tactics to your Facebook and other social media posts, you will see an increase and success rate with your posts.
AND REMEMBER, Facebook is a promotional tool for YOUR business!!!!
If you have questions about any of this, please feel free to call or email us